A Place of Belonging
an American Dilemma
21st Century Evironmentalism & Social Justice in the Green Economy
Eco-Apartheid vs. Eco-Equity
The New Dream: The 3rd Wave of Environmentalism
The enviromental revolution - the Green for all initiative
Food Deserts Vs. Food Forests
* Decreasing Food Deserts
- Ron Finley: A guerilla gardener in South Central LA
Graffiti Gardening Artist - "Gangster Gardener"
- L.A. Green Grounds
- BE an Ecolutionary
- Window Farming - Hydroponics (Social Media R&DIY)
* Creating vs Killing Dreams & Dreamers
How Economics Dictates the Politics of Living
* Being Black & Poor in the Inner City - William Wilson, address the issue of race and culture.
* The Root of the Problem - The evolution of unemployment in America, a historical outlook from the U.S. Department of Labor.
* I.D.E.A. District Unveiled in Downtown, SD
I.D.E.A. District | Need to have sustainable job growth
* Teaching Toward Possibility: Building Culture Supports for Robust Learning - K. Gutierrez
*Gutierrez discusses culturally situated design tools which is also a focus of Ron Eglash:
- Triple Helix Grant
- African Fractals -Cornrow Activity
- Native American Cyberntics
- Crossing the Digital Divide: Bridges and Barriers to Digital Inclusion - The question what about the literacy that is key to the success of using any device? What are are your thoughts.
* Addressing the Digital Divide
* Obama Education Initiatives
* Obama Care
* Human Computing Interaction: Blended Learning with Culturally Situated Design Tools by Jonathan R. Johnson, Morehouse College; Albanie T. Bolton, Auburn University; and Dr. Cheryl D. Seals, Auburn University
Dr. Francis Cress Welsing - Analysis of Scandal & 12 years a slave.
ELLA BAKER CENTER.ORG
Coming of the Conceptual Age
Cultural & Creative Industries
Produced by NGA - the National Governors Association - May 2012
Arts and Culture Industries Can Play Role in State Economic Development -
New Report from the NGA Center For Best Practices Highlights Benefits Arts and Culture bring to State Economies January 14, 2009
National Governors Association Center for Best Practices Arts Policy Publications
The National Governors Association's (NGA) Center for Best Practices, with research assistance from NASAA and support from the National Endowment for the Arts, has produced a series of reports and issue briefs that document the value of the arts in public policy:
Blacks In America 2 with Soledad O'brien
Special CNN reports by Soledad O'brien on various aspects of the Black Community